Direct Care - Job Coach
Under the direction of the Program Director, this position is a direct service position providing vocational and community skills training to persons with developmental disabilities.
- Development of a daily program schedule based on Consumer input and identified program objectives
- Must have a reliable car and maintain a valid driver’s license (or other means of transportation that will permit incumbent to discharge job duties effectively and efficiently), and provide ongoing proof of current state required automobile insurance
- Assist Consumers with personal needs that could be determined to be a barrier to the community and work for that individual
- Implement all Consumers’ established program goals and objectives
- Provide constant supervision to Consumers
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Employment Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent; CPR and First Aid training must be completed within 30 days of hire and maintained thereafter. Fingerprint certification and no history of criminal conviction as outlined in DDS licensing criminal record statement (LIC 508). Must be at least 18 years of age; must have a reliable car, maintain a valid driver’s license, and provide ongoing proof of current state required automobile insurance.
Skills and Abilities Preferred
At a minimum, ability to become familiar with developmental disabilities and the philosophy of Community-Based Work Programs, and awareness of the principles of normalization and the development model.
Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team, follow instructions and achieve results, and effective verbal and written communication skills.